This punchy Argentinian green sauce is a herbaceous, tart and garlicky number is the essential BBQ accompaniment – slather it over grilled meats and drizzle it over roast vege. But don’t feel you have to limit it to this – Chimichurri sauce works added to soups, on breakfast eggs, to pimp burgers or burritos… it’s a good go-to sauce staple.
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup cilantro, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or more)
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice, to taste
Combine all ingredients aside from olive oil in a blender and process until smooth. Add the olive oil in a steady steam to combine. Add a little lemon juice and salt to taste.