This blend of nuts, dried fruit, brandy and cinnamon has a rich, sweet and delightfully musty flavour. A welcome addition to any cheese plate!
Artwork by Luke Brown
- 200 g (7 oz) dried figs
- 200 g (7 oz) pitted dates
- 125 g (41/2 oz/1 cup) roughly chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract or scrape the seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean
Put the figs and dates in a blender or food processor and blend or process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl and combine with all of the
remaining ingredients, mixing well. Turn the mixture out onto a clean work surface and divide into two equal portions. Shape each portion into a 20 cm (8
Wrap each log separately in baking paper and twist the ends to seal and tie up using kitchen string. Allow to set in the refrigerator for 2 days before
Serve with cheese and lots of wine!